Pre-Master's - Business, Management & Marketing
About this route
The Pre-Master's in Business, Management & Marketing will refresh your subject knowledge and improve your English language skills, preparing you for your postgraduate degree at the University of Huddersfield’s Business School.
The Pre-Master's programme is specially designed to prepare ambitious international students with the skills and understanding needed to succeed in a postgraduate degree at Huddersfield. With a postgraduate degree, you can improve your career opportunities and salary potential, and even change career direction after completing your undergraduate degree.
This programme consists of twenty hours of teaching time per week, taught over a single semester with a choice of modules, all taught on the University campus.
Why study Business, Management & Marketing?
- Develop not just your subject knowledge, but your employability skills too, with our integrated CareerAhead activities
- Engage with University departments and local businesses before you progress on to your Master’s degree
- Gain practical experience with the Huddersfield Business School Placement Unit, which won Best University Placement Service at the NUE awards in 2017.
To fully prepare for your postgraduate degree at Huddersfield, you will choose to focus on a specific subject pathway. You can choose between:
- Business & Management
- International Business
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Skills for success
At the International Study Centre, we want to prepare you for life beyond university. With this in mind we have built CareerAhead activities into our programmes to help you use your time at the University of Huddersfield productively.
At the International Study Centre
CareerAhead activities will focus on identifying your strengths, and building confidence. With our support, you will develop a range of skills for success, such as teamwork, problem solving and communication. We will also help you to create a personal development plan for your time at university and beyond.
You'll also have the opportunity to build up work experience by taking up part-time employment or a work placement during your studies. Find out more about working rights as part your visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Academic: Good high school graduation grades or equivalent academic study.
English language: SELT (UKVI IELTS or Trinity Test) equivalent to IELTS 4.5 overall (min 4.0 in writing and no lower than 4.0 all other skills)*^^
Age: 17+ (in the September or October of the academic year you wish to start at the International Study Centre). Must turn 18 before the start of your undergraduate degree
- Recognised first degree - 3 year undergraduate BA (hons) at 45% or above
- Recognised first degree - 3 year undergraduate BA (hons) at 40% or above
- Recognised first degree or D3/D4 Diploma
- Recognised first degree with 50%, Associate Degree or 3-year JCD with 60% in a related subject area
- Recognised first degree, Advanced Diploma, Polytechnic Certificate or College Diploma in a related subject area
- Recognised first degree or HND in a related subject area
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A