Bachelor of Building Surveying
Develop the skills to become a construction-industry professional with a Bachelor of Building Surveying at Victoria University.
This course will give you solid foundation for a wide range of professional roles in the building and construction industry. You’ll also develop skills and technical knowledge to become a specialist in:
- building and construction legislation and auditing
- inspection procedures
- building codes and regulations
- industry standards in professional practice
- building safety and design including fire safety
- sustainable construction techniques and materials.
The degree will equip you with the qualification needed to work as a registered building surveyor. Building surveyors are responsible for interpreting and enforcing the laws and regulations that control building and construction. With a current shortage of registered building surveyors, you’ll be well placed for a career in Australia’s growing construction industry.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The building industry has seen significant growth due to factors such as a rising population. Career opportunities for building surveyors have grown dramatically in recent years and are forecast to keep growing. The industry currently faces a huge challenge in addressing a shortage of registered building surveyors.
Our Bachelor of Building Surveying will ensure you are ready to work in construction, professional, scientific and technical services, or public administration and safety.
You’ll be able to operate independently as a professional in this field, while working closely with other disciplines, industry groups and development authorities.
Many surveyors enjoy the benefits of self-employment. Alternatively, you will have the opportunity to work in both the private and public sectors for employers such as:
- building proprietors
- local, state or national government bodies
- consultancy practices.
Building and surveying have some of the highest rates of graduate employment. Over the next five years, future growth for architectural, building and surveying technicians is expected to be stable (Job Outlook(external link)).
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 088597E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Information Technology at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Architectural Engineering) at Victoria University