Bachelor of Equine Science (Honours)
Kick-start your research career and open doors to postgraduate studies by undertaking an honours year in Equine Science.
The Bachelor of Equine Science (Honours) provides students with the opportunity to pursue an independent research project within the Equine Science field, further developing their knowledge and passion for the global equine industry.
You'll be supported through your research project under the supervision of one of UQ's internationally regarded equine-focussed academics, and you'll continue to enjoy access to UQ Gatton's extensive range of facilities.
You'll acquire skills in research methodologies, research communication and entrepreneurship which will enable you to continue into a research higher degree or move into a diverse range of employment within the equine industry.
- Benefit from supervision through your research from an equine-focussed academic staff member.
- Complete an independent research project of your area of interest to extend your research skills.
- Study over an additional year or part-time equivalent and unlock further study options.
Gatton, UQ’s rural campus, is located in the Lockyer Valley, 87 kilometres west of Brisbane’s city centre, and halfway between Ipswich and Toowoomba. On this sprawling campus, which dates back to 1897, you’ll find world-class teaching and research facilities in agriculture, animals, veterinary science and the environment. It’s also a working farm, with more than 1000 hectares of dairy, pig, crop and grazing units, as well as post-harvest facilities and greenhouses. Gatton’s agricultural learning facilities sit against a backdrop of historical homesteads, sporting amenities, and community fruit and vegetable gardens.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Equine welfare officer
- Equine reproduction veterinarian
- Bloodstock agency representative
- Racing industry technical officer
- Horse riding coach
- Equine health marketing manager
- Equine industry development officer
- Animal nutrition and health specialist
- Racing and competition stables manager
- Equine adviser
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Bachelor of Equine Science (or equivalent), with:
- an overall GPA of 5, and
- have secured an honours project and supervisor, and
- satisfied any additional requirements set by the head of school.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 092445J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland