Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
Teachers and education professionals have the power to change lives and shape young minds. If a rewarding career working with children sounds like a dream, then the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary) degree is for you. Graduates qualify to work across a wide age range:
- Preschool and early childhood (birth – 5 years): Play a meaningful role in intellectual and social development during the crucial early years.
- Primary school (kinder – year 6): Work across the full scale of children’s intellectual, physical and social development.
Studying this degree prepares you for both teaching and non-teaching roles. Learn to work with families and children in various educational settings or play constructive roles in related industries such as policy development and research.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
UON Central Coast is proud to celebrate over 25 years of world-class teaching, learning and research in our region. During this time, a strong community of career-ready students has flourished, with the campus shaping graduates into key members of our local area - and the world. Situated just two minutes from the M1 Pacific Motorway, UON Central Coast is conveniently located and provides a range of flexible courses to suit a busy, modern lifestyle.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Diversify your skills and career pathways by qualifying for both teaching and non-teaching roles. Our education graduates enjoy great employment prospects with 94% securing jobs within four months of completing their degree.
Early childhood and primary education graduates gain professional teaching accreditations whilst also benefitting from wider career pathways. Work with diverse families and children in various educational settings including primary school classrooms, childcare centres and pre-schools. Qualify to teach both:
- Children in their early years (birth to 5years old)
- Primary school-aged children (kinder to year 6).
While most study Education to become teachers, your qualification opens doors to a multitude of other careers in related industries, including leadership and professional roles in research and policy development. For instance, you may develop and bring a new technique of behaviour management to a troubled school, which could change lives and open further career opportunities.
Career opportunities include:
- early childhood teacher
- early childhood centre director
- primary school teacher
- specialist teacher in primary school
- community educator
- educational researcher
- education publication writer or editor
- education policy analyst
- education consultant
- curriculum developer
- educational materials developer
- curriculum evaluator
- educational administrator
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 095151K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Development Studies / Bachelor of Global Indigenous Studies at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Diploma of Legal Practice at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) Combined at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary) (Honours) at University of Newcastle