Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical Engineering)
Get set for an exciting career inventing devices and generating clever solutions to engineering challenges, with a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical Engineering) from VU.
Mechanical engineers use their in-depth knowledge of the physical sciences and maths to improve the quality of life on Earth. Recent engineering breakthroughs include 3D printing machines, unmanned vehicles and high-performance prostheses.
Our Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical Engineering) degree focuses on modelling and simulation of components, machines, processes and systems.
You’ll work on real problems and projects in the workplace and community. This ensures that you are career-ready when you graduate.
Our degree prepares you for work a wide range areas, including:
- computer-aided engineering design
- modelling and simulation
- transport systems
- machine health monitoring
- design of medical devices and prostheses
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
VU's mechanical engineering graduates are known in the industry as well-rounded, accredited engineers, with highly sought-after technical and problem-solving skills.
You could find work as one of the following:
- mechanical engineer
- design engineer
- product engineer
- product innovation engineer
- development engineer
- production engineer
- sales engineer
- systems engineer
- production manager
- engineering manager.
Industries that employ mechanical engineers include:
- food production
- medical engineering
- power generation
- investment banking and finance.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Units 3 and 4 with a study score of 20 in Mathematics (any) (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 084875J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Information Technology at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Architectural Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours) at Victoria University