Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts
Want a career rich with diverse experiences? The Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts combined degree trains you in transferable skills that allow you to seamlessly move between the roles of the future, all while fostering your creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
If you're aspiring to become a leader in business, why not graduate with a set of complementary skills that boost your employability?
Job-specific skills are important. But modern professional needs more than just technical prowess. More than ever, employers are looking for workers with transferable skills. Those that can adapt, communicate, show leadership, and use creativity to solve problems are in demand. By studying the Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts, you’ll develop expertise in both types of skills. Graduate with two degrees – in two years fewer than if you studied each degree separately – and sharpen your business acumen while following an area of passion in the arts.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Geelong Waterfront Campus
Located in the heart of Geelong, the Geelong Waterfront Campus has spectacular views of the bay. Used as wool stores in the 19th century, this campus has been renovated to create an impressive, modern space that offers an inspiring study environment. The unique mix of old and new allows for engaging and creative spaces, and its central location means students can visit Geelong’s central business district between classes. In 2019 a new ferry travelling between Melbourne and Geelong was launched. The ferry offers a comfortable and convenient mode of transport. It docks a short walk from the Geelong Waterfront Campus. Train and bus services are also regularly available between Geelong and Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
By studying the Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts, you’ll be setting yourself up to be flexible across the jobs of the future. Not only will your entrepreneurial mindset be highly valued across many industries, but the transferable skills you develop will also allow you to adapt and thrive in a variety of roles.
Depending on your majors, you’ll have the practical experience needed to be successful as a:
- business analyst
- business operations, event, retail or project manager
- marketing or media manager
- policy developer
- public relations practitioner
- small business owner.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
- Geelong/ Warrnambool Campus - 3 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII) 65%
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in the Senior Certificate of Education with an ATAR of at least 50, and pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 20 in English other than EAL.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study, equivalent to at least two Deakin University units, at an accredited higher education institution OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent including a Foundation Program approved by Faculty Board or relevant work or life experience
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, Working with Children Check, or another check.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 0100730
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University