Bachelor of Health Science (Nursing)
Nurses are critical to the success of the healthcare system, and AUT-trained nurses are recognized as some of the best in New Zealand. Study the Bachelor of Health Science (Nursing) to start your nursing career.
Our nursing degree focuses on interprofessional practice and care, just like it is in the workplace. You’ll learn that health and healthcare are multifaceted and dynamic, and goes beyond health and illness care to nurture the growth of healthy communities. Throughout your studies, you complete 1,200 hours of practical experience in hospitals and in the community.
Graduates who pass the Nursing Council of New Zealand’s State Examination gain registration as a Registered Nurse.
AUT NORTH CAMPUS
Our North Campus is on Auckland’s North Shore and offers facilities including student accommodation, cafes and our biggest sports centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates who pass the Nursing Council of New Zealand’s State Examination gain registration as a Registered Nurse. Nursing registration gives scope for specialisation in health service delivery and work in organisations allied to the health sector.
- Acute care nursing – public or private
- Advanced nursing practice
- Health administrator/manager
- Medical representative
- Mental health nursing
- Nurse in defence forces
- Nurse lecturer/researcher
- Primary healthcare nursing
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
- University Entrance or equivalent
- Must be capable of meeting the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act (HPCA Act) requirements and Children's Act 2014, including a police clearance
Applicants with English as a second or another language who have not completed at least three years of secondary schooling in NZ will be required to meet IELTS requirements.
- One year of successful study towards an undergraduate degree at a recognised institute.
- Higher Secondary School Exam or All-India Senior School certificate with an average of 75% in the four best subjects, with a minimum of 60% in English.
- Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum of 60% in English.
- Bachelor degree with upper second division.
- GCE A levels with a minimum of three A-level grades, with one grade being at least ‘C’ or higher. A result in General Studies cannot be included.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with successful completion of a minimum of 24 points.
- Cambridge International Examination - a minimum of 120 points on the UCAS Tariff* at A or AS level from any subjects which are broadly equivalent to the subjects in the NCEA approved subject list. Must include at least three subjects (excluding Thinking Skills) with grades D or above. Numeracy: A minimum grade of D in International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) mathematics or any mathematics subject at AS or A level. Literacy: A minimum grade of E in English Language and/or English Literature subject at AS or A level.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) with three A-levels including at least one C grade or better. A result in General Studies cannot be included among the 3 on which the application is based.
- Course Code: AK3324
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Health Science in Psychology at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Podiatry) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Sport and Recreation at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)