Graduate Diploma in Epidemiology
The Graduate Diploma in Epidemiology will develop your understanding of a comprehensive range of principles, approaches and analytic strategies relevant to epidemiology.
The Graduate Diploma in Epidemiology is a one year program designed for applicants who have an approved degree, or who have completed the Graduate Certificate in Epidemiology from UQ.
You'll choose one field of study from either Clinical Epidemiology or Standard Epidemiology. Clinical Epidemiology applies the principles of epidemiology to clinical practice, patient care and health settings. The Standard field focuses on epidemiology and a range of different population groups.
You will be expected to have knowledge and experience in the health workforce. Epidemiology is particularly suited if you are a graduate of medicine, nursing, allied health, health sciences, nutrition and statistics, or if you want to advance your skills in health research methods
During the program, you'll complete compulsory courses, which will build and extend your knowledge of epidemiology as a discipline and develop your methodological skills, along with elective courses, which cover research, public health and more.
You may also choose to progress to the Master of Epidemiology and as courses in the Graduate Diploma in Epidemiology are taken from the Master of Epidemiology course list, so you can transfer study credits across the programs.
- Gain advanced level skills in epidemiology and biostatistics and contribute to improving population health and increasing life expectancy.
- Develop specialist qualifications in a core public health discipline from one of the leading Public Health schools in the Asia-Pacific.
- Learn from experienced teachers and academics who have contributed to major public health projects globally.
Herston is UQ’s core campus for clinical health teaching and research. Located just minutes from the Brisbane CBD, Herston is home to UQ’s Medicine and Public Health schools, the UQ Centre for Clinical Research, Oral Health Centre, and the research activities of the School of Nursing and Midwifery. UQ Herston shares premises with the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and the QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, allowing students and visitors to rub shoulders with leading health researchers, academics and professionals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Research associate
- Research fellow
- Clinical research officer
- Medical officer
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
An approved degree in the same discipline; or
A Graduate Certificate in Epidemiology from this university (or equivalent).
Semester 2 entry is only available to Australian students studying part time due to course scheduling.
A degree in one of the following disciplines would normally meet the 'approved degree' requirement:
- Behavioural and social sciences (Sociology, Psychology, Counselling)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Dentistry, Oral Health
- Development Studies
- Environmental Health
- Exercise and Sport Science
- Food Science
- Health Economics
- Health Management
- Medicine, Medical sciences
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health or Health Sciences
- Speech Therapy
- Veterinary sciences.
The minimum GPA to be considered for admission into this program is 4.0.
- Course Code: 066286B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Industry Practice at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Molecular Biology at The University of Queensland