Integrated foundation year (BEng)
The integrated foundation course is an intensive first year of study designed to make our STEM degrees more accessible. Many of our students lack confidence in mathematics and physics or don’t fit the stereotypical profile of an engineering graduate.
The program allows the transition to Product Design Programmes.
This is not a standalone program but after successfully completing this course, you may transition on to one of our Engineering degrees.
The broad and varied course is delivered through small, interactive seminars and tutorials as well as practical lab and build experiences (approximately 12 contact hours per week) which develop research, communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
We’re a friendly and professional team, dedicated to helping students and graduates to plan their futures, to learn about the world of work and meet employers.
There are many ways employers may get involved with the University and meet the talent of our students and graduates.
The Careers and Employability team can help with finding work or postgraduate study, developing connections and skills, going freelance or starting a business. We’ll assist with searching for jobs, choosing a career, completing and sharpening an application form or CV.
2 Years PSW is applicable after the course.(Bachelors & Masters only)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Foundation Year
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Standard VII from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE)
- Metro State Boards (Delhi, Maharashtra, Chennai, Kolkata, and Karnataka)
- Minimum 60%.
For High School qualifications from alternative boards, an International Foundation Year will be required.
- Higher Secondary Education Board Examination
- A recognized international foundation year
- International Foundation Programme
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- A-Levels (including Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education (Advanced level) equivalent)
Typical Offer (individual offers may vary):
UCAS Tariff points: 104 – 112 (A levels or combination with AS / EPQ / BTEC/ Cambridge Technical)
A levels: BBC - BCC
BTEC/Cambridge Technical: DMM - MMM
Access to HE Diploma: Pass
International Baccalaureate: 28 points
IELTS 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- BENG (HONS) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (SANDWICH INCLUDING PROFESSIONAL PLACEMENT) at University of Chichester
- BEng in Electronic and Electrical Engineering at University of Chichester
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering at University of Chichester
- BA (Hons) in Game Design and Development at University of Chichester