This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Master of Advanced Nursing
Develop the critical thinking, people management and research skills to become a healthcare leader who ensures the best possible outcomes for people.
This program is designed for registered nurses who want to advance their careers and extend their nursing skills and knowledge with comprehensive study in an area of specialist practice.
The program has been tailor-made to suit your professional needs with sensitivity to a work-life balance. You'll study coursework online over a period of up to two years full-time (or part-time equivalent).
Through the program, you'll develop problem-solving skills you can apply in health assessment, specialist practice, clinical management and decision-making. The choice of courses will allow you to develop specialist knowledge in paediatric, family, aged care, chronic disease, primary healthcare, or rural and remote clinical practice.
Upon graduation, you'll be in high demand with employers due to your in-depth knowledge, leadership, management and research skills. Employment opportunities for nurse managers are on the rise, with the Australian Department of Employment projecting job growth of 22.7 percent for nursing professionals between 2017 and 2022.
- Get the skills, knowledge and qualification required for a range of senior or specialised nursing positions.
- Study under experienced nursing practitioners and researchers who are leaders in the field, both in Australia and internationally.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a program that allows you to tailor your courses around your existing schedule.
- Be in high demand with employers due to your in-depth knowledge, leadership, management and research skills.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Director of care
- Clinical team lead
- Nurse manager
- Nursing unit manager
- Clinical services manager
- Clinical nurse manager
- Nurse educator
- Remote area nurse
- Executive care manager
- Chronic pain nurse
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Post
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
An approved bachelor degree in nursing or equivalent and relevant experience working as a registered nurse.
The minimum GPA to be considered for admission into this program is 4.0.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- MASTER OF Occupational Hygiene at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Food Science and Technology Research Extensive at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Clinical Neuropsychology and Clinical Psychology at The University of Queensland
- Master of Sports Coaching at The University of Queensland
- Masters of Occupational Hygiene / Occupational Health and Safety Science at The University of Queensland
- Master of Bioinformatics at The University of Queensland