Master of Clinical Exercise Science and Rehabilitation
Become an exercise physiologist (AEP) with a Master of Clinical Exercise Science and Rehabilitation at Victoria University.
You'll learn to assess and prescribe exercise and physical activity for people with chronic conditions or complex care needs. This course will prepare you to work in the community and in clinical settings with people who have:
- musculoskeletal injuries
- neurological conditions
- metabolic conditions
- cardiovascular conditions
- various comorbidities.
Our program follows a strong evidence-based teaching approach to the scope of practice of clinical exercise physiology. To consolidate your theoretical learning, you will gain significant practical experience in clinical placements.
You will graduate with the knowledge, skills and experience to work as an exercise physiologist.
There is also an optional research component embedded in this course that will prepare you academically for a PhD pathway.
Note: Fees with CSP are subject to availability.
Everything you learn with VU has direct links to the real world. We place a strong emphasis on clinical and practical learning.
A key part of your studies will be embarking on a range of external clinical practicums, with additional staff mentoring. You'll have the opportunity to gain real-world experience through exercise science and rehabilitation placements that can lead directly to future employment.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Exercise physiology is a growing allied health profession. A postgraduate qualification in clinical exercise science from Victoria University will put you at the forefront of helping those with chronic conditions or complex care needs.
You could find work in a range of settings including:
- community health centres
- fitness centres
- sporting academies
- sports clinics
- rehabilitation clinics
- case management through compensable schemes such as WorkSafe.
You could also run your own private practice. Your practical training with VU will prepare you to work in a variety of specific areas, such as:
- women’s health
- aged care
- occupational health and safety.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Certificate (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score of 7 (with no band less than 7.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee you entry into this course. Some courses receive more applications than the number of places available. In this situation we will also assess your education, work and other relevant experience.
If you do not meet the minimum requirements you may be eligible for one of our special admission programs. We also encourage you to explore our study pathways to help you reach your goal.
- Course Code: 077582C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Sport Business and Integrity at Victoria University
- Master of Science (Research) at Victoria University
- Master of Public Health (Global Nutrition and Active Living) at Victoria University
- Master of Nursing (By Research) at Victoria University
- Master of Health Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University
- Master of Counselling at Victoria University