Bachelors of Computer Science / Science
Combine your studies in computer science with a Bachelor of Science, and graduate with qualifications that place you at the forefront of today's technology-driven job market.
Undertake this four year dual program to obtain two qualifications in less time and graduate with in-demand skills, ready to make a difference in solving some of world's most challenging problems.
Computer science combines the theoretical studies of algorithms and data structures, with the practical challenges of implementing them in hardware and software systems. Skills learnt in this program are used in fields ranging from bioinformatics to digital humanities.
You'll develop the strong analytical, logical and development skills necessary to advance computing, its applications and beyond. You can specialise in cyber security, data science, machine learning, programming languages or scientific computing.
In the science program, students can select from a broad based set of courses which lay the foundation for completion of a specialised major in later years. Choose from a wide range of specialist areas (majors) to develop your interdisciplinary scientific knowledge and practical skills while pursuing studies that suit your interests and ambitions, with the freedom to mix and match course combinations.
Upon graduation, you can anticipate high employability rates and attractive starting salaries because of the skills and expertise you'll develop through this program.
- Build your technical expertise through a combination of laboratory based practicals and workshops, plus Australian or international field studies, internships and work experience.
- Choose your speciality from a huge range of science disciplines, amongst the widest in Australia.
- Graduate with skills that are in high demand from some of the world's largest corporations, such as Apple, Google, Oracle and Microsoft.
- Benefit from a program developed in close consultation with industry leaders.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Archaeological Science
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Science
- Biophysics (Dual Major)
- Chemical Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Biochemistry (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Biomedical Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Chemistry (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Ecology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Genetics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Geographical Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Geological Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Marine Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Mathematics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Microbiology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Physics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Plant Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Psychology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Statistics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Zoology (Dual Major)
- Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Food Science and Nutrition (Dual Major)
- Food Science and Technology
- Geographical Sciences
- Geological Sciences
- Machine Learning
- Marine Biology (Extended Major)
- Marine Science
- Plant Science
- Programming Languages
- Public Health
- Scientific Computing
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Biosecurity officer
- Historical archaeology consultant
- Biopharmaceutical scientist
- Production bioinformatics engineer
- Biomedical engineer
- Senior project chemist
- Data scientist
- Environmental adviser
- Gene technologies scientist
- Environmental health officer
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, or Physics (Units 3 & 4, C). Specialist Mathematics is recommended.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 096361C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland