Master of Laws - Air and Space Law
The LLM Thesis program in Air and Space Law is available to applicants who wish to focus on original, scholarly research and writing under the supervision of a law professor. The thesis must show familiarity with previous work in the field and demonstrate the student’s capacity for independent analysis, writing skills, and organization. The LLM Non-Thesis program in Air and Space Law is available to applicants who wish to gain a wide exposure to a range of courses taught within and related to the domain of air and space law.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
The minimum requirements for eligibility to our graduate programs are provided below.
A candidate is not admitted because he or she meets these requirements, but a candidate who does not meet them will not be considered.
Candidates for admission to our graduate law programs must possess a Bachelor of Laws degree or an equivalent law degree from an accredited university with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0/4.0, or its equivalent (upper second class).
Exceptions: Applicants for the Air and Space Law Graduate Certificate who do not hold a law degree must fulfill the following two requirements:
have an undergraduate university degree in another discipline, and
possess sufficient professional experience in the fields of Air and/or Space Law to compensate for the lack of a law degree (as determined by the Graduate Admissions Committee). Please attach a curriculum vitae.
1) TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language):
iBT (internet based test) PBT (paper based test)
100 overall (no less than 23 in each component score, with no less than 25 in writing)- 600
*The CBT is no longer being offered. CBT results will no longer be accepted as ETS no longer reports this results.
N.B. an institutional version of the TOEFL is not acceptable.
2) IELTS (International English Language Testing System): a band score of 7.0 or greater (no less than 6.5 in each component score, with no less than 7.0 in writing)
3) MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery): a mark of 90% or higher
4) University of Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): a grade of “A” (Excellent)
5) University of Cambridge ESOL Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): a grade of “B” (Good) or higher
6) Edexcel London Test of English – Level 4 – with an overall grade of “Distinction”
7) Edexcel London Test of English – Level 5 – with an overall grade of at least “Merit”
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 13623 CAD
Application Fee: 115 CAD