Pure Mathematics, BSc (Hons)
Pure mathematics is one of the most timeless and international disciplines in existence. It is both ancient and modern and forms the foundations upon which the modern world is built.
Contemporary science and business are underpinned by pure mathematics, and our degrees reflect a connection with the real world of industry.
This three-year BSc degree covers a broad base of classical and modern mathematics. It covers a range of material including pure mathematics, applied mathematics and mathematics for finance.
You can progress to focus on one aspect of the subject, or continue to cover a breadth of material.
Studying maths at Swansea University gives you access to world-leading teaching and cutting edge facilities.
As you progress, your developing mathematical abilities will combine with transferable skills that are vital to securing employment in the wider industry.
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). The Bay Campus is situated to the left-hand side of Fabian Way and the main entrance is controlled by traffic lights. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately to the left of the main entrance. There is a large Park and Ride facility located at Fabian Way, which is a short distance from the Bay Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A levels: ABB-BBB to include Maths. Those studying Further Maths will automatically receive the lower offer of BBB.
Welsh Baccalaureate: Requirements are as for A levels where you can substitute the same non-subject specific grade for the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Level Core Grade.
BTEC: DDM any subject plus Grade B in A Level Mathematics.
Scottish Highers: ABBBC plus Grade B in Mathematics.
Access to Science (Maths): 24 Distinctions and 15 Merits with Distinctions in all Maths modules.
International Baccalaureate: 32 overall with 5 in Higher Level Mathematics.
IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent English test.
All applications will be considered on an individual basis, and we will look at the whole application when deciding whether to make an offer of a place, including: the balance, nature and quality of A-level, AS and GCSE subjects (or equivalent); personal statement and referee’s comments. If you don’t have the necessary entry requirements to enter on to the first year of a degree, you may be offered a place on a degree course with an integrated foundation year.
General Studies and Key Skills qualifications are normally excluded from our offers.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Philosophy, BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics, BSc (Hons) With a Year Abroad/ a Year In Industry at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Chemistry with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Applied Mathematics, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY