Criminology and Criminal Justice MSc
This programme provides a platform to learn about and engage with the latest criminological research and apply this to current theory, practice and debate in this interdisciplinary field.
This MSc is suitable both for those who have studied criminology at undergraduate level and for those who are new to the subject.
As a student on this programme you will be part of our vibrant community of active researchers, international scholars and local practitioners in criminology and criminal justice. You will have ample opportunity to draw from our academics’ research, which is both theoretical and empirical and makes a difference to the world both locally and globally.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates from this MSc programme have gone on to a wide range of careers, including working with offenders and victims, for various agencies including police, prisons/correctional services, governmental and non-governmental agencies, academic and research institutions. Recent graduates have gone on to work as policy officers, researchers and asylum decision makers.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A minimum UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in law or a social science subject.
Supporting Your Application
Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
Relevant professional qualifications will be considered.
Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Inclusive Education MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Transformative Learning and Teaching MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Work, Master of MSW at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Research MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social and Political Science MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Public Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh