Bachelor of Business Informatics - 706AA
If you enjoy IT but prefer the science of data management and building innovative systems designed to streamline and maximise productivity, then UC’s Bachelor of Business Informatics is the perfect course to teach you how.
Accredited by the Australian Computer Society, UC’s Bachelor of Business Informatics is an interdisciplinary degree providing a bridge between the areas of business and information technology.
In this course you will learn how to critically analyse complex systems and if required, completely design or redesign robust management systems, in order to meet the specific needs of a business.
Your study will set you on the path to becoming an invaluable information and communications technology professional, with further postgraduate study available in advanced or related fields.
This course also has one of the best graduate outcomes in Australia and experiences an exceptionally high demand for graduates, especially from within the government sector, due to its location in Canberra.
This course allows you to future-proof your career by offering the option to specialise in Cloud Computing and the Internet of Things, Cybersecurity and System Administration or Data Science.
Study a Bachelor of Business Informatics at UC and you will:
- achieve comprehensive insight into engineering aspects of computer science
- study the current programming languages at an intensive level
- be able to analyse and build complex integrated management systems
- understand the methodology of software systems engineering using analysis and specification methods such as UML, XML, structured and soft systems methodologies
- learn to design and build systems and software using specialist engineering tools
- work within modern development environments that include Windows, Linux, mobile and cloud computing
- gain high-level awareness of professional ethics, responsibilities, values and standard.
- graduate with an internationally recognised qualification
- be in high demand
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
UC’s Bachelor of Business Informatics is a globally recognised and industry respected qualification that is currently in very high demand in Canberra and around Australia. As a result, once you graduate you should be able to confidently transition into any one of the following careers:
- IT security analyst
- Business analyst
- Systems architect
- IT project manager
- Information analyst
- Data scientist
- Digital systems architect
- Chief information officer
- Cloud computing architect
- IoT engineer, developer or designer
- Cybersecurity specialist
- Service desk manager
- System administrator
- Cybersecurity operations manager
- Big data engineer
- Big data architect
- Data scientist
- Business intelligence specialist
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 049490F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics - MGIT03 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Accounting - MGB001 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Business (Sport Management) at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business - SCMG01 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management - MGB401 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Marketing Communication) - ARB103 at University of Canberra