Master of Conflict and Terrorism Studies
The world is currently afflicted by many forms of political violence, from civil war and mass killings in the name of religion and ideology to the radicalization of people for terrorism.
In this interdisciplinary programme you can advance your knowledge and skills in the study of war, ethnic and religious conflict, cybercrime, terrorism, and radicalization.
You can learn from researchers who have worked for international institutions such as the United Nations and the World Bank.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Develop the specialist knowledge and skills for careers in government and security, international organisations, policy making, peacekeeping and post-conflict development. Our graduates in this field have careers in government agencies, non-governmental and corporate organisations in a number of countries.
Jobs related to this programme
- Conflict analyst
- Counterterrorism analyst
- Development consultant
- Disaster management specialist
- Humanitarian worker
- Intelligence analyst
- Peace and reconciliation advisor
- Policy advisor
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Social Work (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Social Work at University of Auckland
- Master of Social and Community Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Educational Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Education Practice at University of Auckland
- Master of Education at University of Auckland