BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering (add-on)
In this course we build on the practical skills and applied theory developed in our ordinary degree to give you a deeper understanding of more complex engineering concepts.
Increased emphasis in the practical workings of industrial organisations will prepare you for roles in management should you follow that career pathway. We also consider energy and environmental issues to give you an appreciation of energy usage and conservation.
Computer analysis plays an increasing role, and we use finite element analysis to study stresses in components, and optimisation to improve the design of components. Mechanism simulation allows you to analyse the forces generated within individual mechanisms.
Application Processing Time in Days: 15
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Typically, graduates with a Bachelor of Business in Management Applications enhance their career prospects in management positions both in private and public sectors or use the programme as a stepping stone to enter the business world for the first time. Former graduates are now working in the manufacturing, retail and public service; others have set up highly successful businesses. The programme is also an ideal base from which to progress to the Level 8 honours business qualification in IT Sligo.
2 years stayback after the course completion.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
There is no attendance requirement for this programme. Students will receive a schedule for live online lectures in advance of the course start date (live lecturers will be scheduled for week nights only, Mon-Thurs).
Applicants should hold a Level 6 Higher Certificate (previously called National Certificate) in Business (or cognate area). Applicants with other qualifications and/or with significant relevant business experience may also be considered through IT Sligo’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
IELTS-6.0 with no band less than 5.5
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10000 EUR
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Robotics and Automation at Institute of Technology Sligo
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechatronics (add-on) at Institute of Technology Sligo
- BEng (Hons) in Electronic & Computer Engineering at Institute of Technology Sligo
- BEng (Hons) in Precision Engineering & Design (add-on) at Institute of Technology Sligo
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Engineering at Institute of Technology Sligo
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechanical Engineering at Institute of Technology Sligo