Master of Speech Language Therapy Practice
Are you a graduate from a related field such as psychology, linguistics, health sciences or education? The MSLTPrac is a New Zealand Speech-language Therapy Association accredited qualification. It is designed to provide you with the necessary specialist skills and experience to practice as a Speech-Language Therapist in New Zealand and overseas.
You will study a range of subject areas including anatomy, physiology, linguistics, and acoustics, and learn to apply theory to clinical practice. Students learn to use a range of approaches and technologies to assess, diagnose and treat communication and swallowing disorders.
Please be aware that while Semester One starts on 2 March 2020, classes for this program begin on 17 February 2020.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
There are excellent work opportunities for qualified speech-language therapists both within New Zealand and internationally. Speech-language therapists are involved in the assessment and treatment of a wide range of communication and swallowing disorders with people of all ages, and work in a range of settings, including hospitals, schools, community rehabilitation facilities, special schools, and in early intervention teams.
Jobs related to this program
- Speech-language therapist
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 4.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Science (MSc) Pharmacology at University of Auckland
- Master of Wine Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Organisational Psychology at University of Auckland
- Master of Nursing Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Conservation at University of Auckland
- Master of Public Health at University of Auckland