Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Psychology
Designed for graduates in the areas of applied behavior analysis and industrial, work and organizational psychology, the PGDipAppPsych program will prepare you for professional practice in the application of these sub-disciplines of psychology.
The program is flexible and draws on the interests and expertise of Psychology academic staff, which means you’ll be working with up-to-date theory and practice. You’ll complete a supervised practicum that will allow you to apply your knowledge and skills in a real-world setting.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Psychology can look forward to meeting the requirements to become a registered psychologist and practising in New Zealand. If your area of interest is applied behaviour analysis, you can become registered with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB). Psychologists with this qualification who already have a Masters research thesis could enrol in a Doctor of Philosophy degree.
Jobs related to this program
- Potential for international registration with BACB (Behavior Analyst Certification Board)
- Registered Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) practitioner
- Registered psychologist
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE (Grade Point Equivalent) 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Obstetrics and Medical Gynaecology at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Psychology at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Theory at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy at University of Auckland