Academic Practice In Higher Education PGCert
Learn about current thinking and practice in higher education, and reflect upon your findings. Our tailored master's level course is suitable for working professionals at any career stage.
The course is accredited by Advance HE. If you are a member of staff at the University this means that you will gain professional recognition as an Associate Fellow or Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. If you are taking this course as an external participant, you will able to use your learning on the course to apply directly to Advance HE for professional recognition.
The course is delivered primarily online, with an orientation day at the start of each module. We will provide you with individual tutor support and access to a community of practice. You will also be able to draw upon your everyday practice and experiences to aid your learning.
You will develop a personal learning journey, with the support of your tutor, suited to your career stage and practice context. This means that in completing the full Certificate you can select the topics you would like to study that meet your own professional development needs.
We are committed to excellence in teaching. The PG Cert is underpinned by the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF, 2011) and reflects our expertise in the field.
The main campus of the university is located in Dundee's West End which contains many of the university's teaching and research facilities; the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, Dundee Law School and the Dundee Dental Hospital and School.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This master's level qualification is increasingly viewed as an essential requirement for university staff who teach both in the UK and internationally.
Participants who are members of staff or PG tutors, where appropriate, of the University will gain professional recognition with Advance HE. Successful completion leads to professional recognition with Advance HE as follows:
- Associate Fellow (AFHEA) – on completion of the Associate Module, or
- Fellow (FHEA) – on completion of the full Certificate.
If you are an external participant, you can use your experiential learning on the course to apply directly to the Advance HE for professional recognition.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You must be actively teaching in higher education. Your teaching activity can include lectures, practicals, studios, labs, one-to-ones, seminars etc. but must be at tertiary level and enable you to:
- reflect on your practice
- implement in your practice what you are learning in your studies
- engage with the peer review of teaching requirements of the Associate Module
- demonstrate your ability to work at Master's level
- have appropriate teaching in place for the duration of your studies which will normally be a minimum of 60 hours while you engage with the Associate Module and a minimum of 30 hours while you engage with the Fellowship module Where appropriate, we may request confirmation of your teaching activity within your work context.
English language requirements
- IELTS (overall) 9.0
- Reading 9.0
- Listening 9.0
- Speaking 9.0
- Writing 9.0
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Distance Learning
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 09 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A