PhD in Science (Integrated)
Begin a high-level research career in an area of science that matches your expertise and passion. If you don’t have a research background, our integrated program helps you undertake a PhD in Science.
PhD in Science integrated program
The integrated PhD in Science offers an alternative path to a doctoral degree. During your first year, you’ll receive intensive research training. On passing with a 70% average, you’ll begin a PhD thesis, graduating within the standard timeframe.
You’ll receive expert support as you undertake an original thesis in our research focus areas. We offer PhD opportunities in health and biomedicine, and environmental sciences, specialising in:
- food sciences
- medical physiology
- sport science.
We also have world-class institutes and research centres that conduct collaborative projects with local and global organisations. The research in these institutes is at the forefront of the field in many areas, including in sports science, medical science, sustainability and technology.
Located in the fastest growing area of Melbourne, our Werribee Campus is a part of a modern technology precinct. Werribee Campus has specialised facilities for teaching and research, including major research centres for water treatment, food science, biomedical science and fire safety. Our students and researchers make major contributions to the local and international scientific community.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Following your PhD, you will be ready for roles in scientific research and innovation, government advisory bodies, or academia.
- 4 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s degree with thesis;
- admissible bachelor degree Completed with a degree classification (as awarded on degree certificate) of first Division with Distinction (70%).
English Language Requirement
Achieved an IELTS (Academic Module) result with an overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6) or equivalent and completed a qualification at AQF level 8 or above, typically in a cognate discipline (including a qualification without minor thesis), with Honours or its equivalent at a high standard.
- Course Code: 088595G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Doctor of Philosophy (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Food Sciences & Technology (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Human Movement (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Medical & Biological Science (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Nursing & Midwifery (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Sport & Recreation (Integrated) at Victoria University