Applied Sociology, MA
The MA Program in Applied Sociology is designed to help students understand the social forces that shape their world with practical training in research methods, statistics, and evaluation research. The program's applied focus integrates research approaches and course work that emphasizes a wide range of faculty specializations.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- BA/BS in sociology, 3.0 GPA minimum.
- If not a sociology major, at least 18 credits in undergraduate sociology or another social science field (i.e. psychology, anthropology) related to program objectives.
- Successful completion of undergraduate coursework in sociological theory (in addition to Intro to Sociology), research methodology, and statistics. Admitted students lacking any of these courses will be required to complete courses no later than the end of the second semester in the program.
- A personal statement [1,200 words] on academic and career interests in applied sociology, including the applicant's desired area of specialization.
- An academic writing sample from a course in sociology or a related field.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Scores within past 5 years.*
- Three letters of recommendation (one must be faculty member) from individuals acquainted with the applicant's interests who are qualified to evaluate one's potential for sustained graduate study in applied sociology.
- International Students: Applicants from countries where English is not the primary language are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 100 USD
- Latin and Classical Humanities, MA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- International Relations, MA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- History, MA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Historical Archaeology, MA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Global Inclusion and Social Development (MA) at University of Massachusetts Boston
- English, MA at University of Massachusetts Boston