Bachelor of Design (Architecture) / Bachelor of Urban Development (Honours) (Quantity Surveying and Cost Engineering)
- Provide professional advice on the financial and legal aspects of new constructions and the operation of existing buildings.
- Apply what you learn to real projects with site visits, hands-on training and exclusive work placements.
- Build your network of like-minded peers and make valuable connections at regular networking and industry events.
- Learn to work in multidisciplinary teams and develop diverse skills and capabilities that will maximise your employment opportunities.
- Graduate with highly sought-after skills and a qualification accredited by the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. Jobs for quantity surveyors and cost engineers are projected to grow by nearly 14% by 2025*.
Why choose this course?
QUT offers the only specialist quantity surveying and cost engineering degree in Australia, and our graduates are in high demand.
You’ll learn everything there is to know about the financial and legal aspects of new constructions and the operation of existing buildings, from lecturers and tutors who are leaders in the field.
You’ll apply what you learn to real projects, and have access to exclusive work placements and cadetships that may lead to a job offer before you finish your degree.
You’ll also build your network of like-minded peers, and have opportunities to make valuable connections at regular networking and industry events.
Our close ties with architecture and engineering mean you’ll have plenty of opportunities to collaborate and address real-world challenges as part of a multidisciplinary team.
You’ll also work closely with your construction management and planning peers, which will prepare you well for your future career.
Gardens Point campus is located in Brisbane's city centre, beside the Brisbane River and adjacent to the City Botanic Gardens and Queensland Parliament House. At the centre of the campus is the Old Government House which was built in 1862 and re-opened in 2009.The faculties of Business, Law, and Science and Engineering are based at this campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates are employed on major public or private construction projects in the areas of contracts, planning and scheduling, estimating and cost controls, risk management, and supply chain and procurement. You may find employment with quantity surveying firms, engineering and project management firms, government departments or authorities, building contractors, financiers or property developers.
The quantity surveying and cost engineering course has accreditations with the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
On completion of the two-year Master of Architecture and the required period of practical experience, graduates are eligible to sit for registration as an architect in Australia.
- Project developer
- Quantity surveyor
- Students who graduate with a Bachelors's degree are eligible for a 2-year work visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Senior/Higher Secondary School Certificate/Pre-University certificate from QUT recognized state education boards with an overall average of 75% in best five academic subjects (2 languages and 3 academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- Indian School Certificate academic stream awarded by CISCE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- All India Senior School Certificate academic stream awarded by CBSE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
For More Information Pls Contact To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 096573B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Architectural Design at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design)/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Medical) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechatronics) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical) at Queensland University of Technology