Master of Property Development and Planning
This course is designed for both property and planning practitioners, and graduates in related fields who wish to extend their qualifications and expertise in property development and planning. Graduates have a commitment to professionalism in the property and planning sector.
This course is for property and planning professionals who want to upgrade their qualifications or expertise or for those who wish to enter the property and planning industries. In their first year students develop an understanding of how to balance private and public interests in urban development, how urban economies work, how urban design and sustainability principles are applied, and how development feasibility is assessed.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include positions in planning at local, metropolitan, and regional level, and property development in the private and public sectors.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Applicants must satisfy one of the following:
- a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or equivalent, at a pass level from one of the following disciplines: architecture, landscape architecture, urban design and regional planning, community development, property economics, property development, planning, geography, geography information systems (GIS), environmental science, economics, law, or
- a UTS recognised bachelor's degree in an unrelated discipline, or
- a UTS Graduate Certificate in Property and Planning with a credit average or above, or
- a UTS Graduate Certificate in Planning with a credit average or above, or
- a UTS Graduate Diploma in Property Development with a credit average or above, or
- a UTS Graduate Diploma in Planning with a credit average or above.
Applicants with a completed UTS recognised bachelor's degree in an unrelated discipline need to provide a CV (max. three pages) outlining a minimum of two years' work experience in a profession closely related to urban planning.
Applicants who do not satisfy the academic requirements may be considered on their ability to demonstrate equivalency through a minimum of five years' relevant work experience. Applicants need to provide a CV (max. three pages) outlining their relevant work experience.
Minimum English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 089509B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Strategic Communication at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Media Practice and Industry at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Advanced Journalism (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Professional Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Animation and Visualisation at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Interaction Design at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)