Graduate Certificate in Science
The Graduate Certificate in Science is a course designed for students who wish to expand on their undergraduate program.
Intensive study is available at the graduate level with majors in biochemistry (including some aspects of microbiology and biotechnology), biodiversity science (including botany, ecology, and zoology), biomedical science (which includes biochemistry, genetics, and physiology with some pharmacy, neuroscience and human development), chemistry (including forensic chemistry), genetics (including immunology and bioinformatics), mathematics (including pure and applied mathematics), physical sciences (including chemistry, physics, and pure mathematics), regulatory science, research methods, statistics and zoology (including ecology).
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career opportunities are possible in small and large businesses, industry, government, teaching and research. Examples include positions in the departments of primary industries, resource management, water and land resources, CSIRO, environmental protection authorities, forestry commissions, national parks and wildlife services and the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANSTO). Industry opportunities include positions in computing, consulting, botanical gardens and museums, manufacturing, electronics, mining and oil.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A candidate shall:
- (a) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline; or
- (b) hold an AQF Level 8 Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Bachelor of Honours in a relevant discipline; or
- (c) hold an AQF Level 9 Master in a relevant discipline; or
- (d) hold an AQF Level 10 Doctorate in a relevant discipline.
Relevant disciplines include, but are not limited to: Agriculture; Biochemistry; Biology; Botany; Chemistry; Computational Science; Ecology; Genetics; Geology; Mathematics; Medicinal Chemistry; Microbiology; Neuroscience (may include: Science, Medicine, Psychology, Nursing, Social Work, Education, Health, Counselling); Physics; Physiology; Statistics; and Zoology. Discipline will be considered relevant to a nominated major if it includes a study that covers the minimum assumed knowledge. Where it is not clear from their academic background, applicants may include a cover letter with their application describing how they have achieved the minimum knowledge.
- Course Code: 065083K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Diploma in Science at University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology at University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Planning and Management of Natural Hazards at University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Practice at University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Disability Practice at University of New England
- Graduate Diploma in Data Science at University of New England