Early Years Education (with Early Years Teacher Status) MA
Do you want to work with children from birth to five years old (including Reception) in the public and private sectors? Achieve Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS) in just one year with this Masters-level course.
Early Years learning primarily focuses on the following ideas:
- what constitutes ‘quality’ in Early Years education?
- equity, inclusion and justice for the pre-school child and the wider family
- ideas of communication, imagination, language and literacy, and provision for the bi/trilingual child
- understandings of early mathematical and scientific development
- discourses of nurture, care and attachment.
On this MA, there are two routes available:
- an employment-based route for people already working in an Early Years setting
- a placement route for those not currently working in the sector.
This course is currently funded by the UK Government. There is currently no fee to pay for UK/EU students. There are also training bursaries if you’re on the employment-based route. Find out more on the UK Government web pages.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelors degree with an overall mark of at least 50-65% depending on your university.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- International Education and Development MA at University of Sussex
- Education MA at University of Sussex
- Early Years Education MA at University of Sussex
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA at University of Sussex
- Social Work MA at University of Sussex
- Criminology and Criminal Justice MA at University of Sussex