Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Automation Engineering
What is Automation Engineering?
Modern automation engineering combines elements of electronic engineering, software, robotics, networking and data intelligence which are highly sought-after skills in sectors such as the pharmaceutical, medical and food industries.
As manufacturing industry transitions towards Industry 4.0, the increased need for data intelligence means that the shortage of automation engineers with the required skillset will become greater.
Industry 4.0 is the term used to describe the “smart factory” era where computers and automation come together via cyber-physical systems to monitor the physical processes of the factory and make de-centralised decisions. Such developments demand graduates with a blend of electronics, automation, networking and data intelligence skills.
The BEng (Hons) in Automation Engineering course was designed in consultation with many of the principal employers of Electronic and Automation Engineers in the South East region with the aim of producing modern Automation Engineering graduates having the skillset required for current and future positions in this area.
In year three, students go on industrial placement for up to six months. This give the students a taste of what professional practice is all about, how the industry operates and how theoretical knowledge is applied in practice. It also reinforces industrial links between WIT and the automation engineering industry in Ireland and abroad.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD007 AUE
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science Information Technology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Architectural & Building Information Modelling Technology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Architectural Technology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Architecture (Honours) Architecture at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Quantity Surveying at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Construction Management & Engineering at Waterford Institute of Technology