Business Analytics MSc
Given the ever-increasing volume of data that businesses have access to today, there is a demand for employees who have computational and analytical skills and who can help inform business decisions to increase efficiency and ultimately build a competitive edge. Our MSc in Business Analytics has been developed with just that in mind and aims to train you to understand:
- the variety of business environments
- the importance and relevance of decision-making problems facing organisations
- ways of solving these using a variety of techniques
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
It is anticipated that the demand for data analytics employees will continue and indeed grow as analytics is viewed as a key competitive resource by many companies. If market forecasts are anything to go by then the worldwide revenues for big data and business analytics will grow to more than $270 billion in 2022 (Source: IDC). This will inevitably lead to further growth of the market for employees in the area of data analytics.
The MSc in Business Analytics will offer students from a range of degree backgrounds the opportunity to equip themselves with an artillery of concepts, methods and applications of business analytics along with hands-on and practical experience in applying them to industry projects in different business settings. It is not just about being able to analyse and digest the data available but to then translate this into effective decision-making.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent in an area related to management science, operational research, statistics, econometrics, mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering, or business and management with a distinct quantitative content.
Your background should ideally include courses and/or experience gained in topics such as linear algebra, calculus, probability, statistics, and computer programming.
If you have a UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent in an unrelated subject we may consider your application if you have relevant work experience.
Work experience is desirable but not mandatory.
All students are recommended to have their own laptop for this programme.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- MA Accounting and Finance at The University of Edinburgh
- MBA at The University of Edinburgh
- Finance, Technology and Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Finance MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Sport Policy, Management and International Development MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Marketing and Business Analysis MSc at The University of Edinburgh