Graduate Diploma in Business (Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management)
Prepare for a challenging and rewarding career as an in-demand expert in HR and industrial relations.
Could you remain calm and fair during workplace negotiations? Do you want an exciting role, supporting people in business? Then this is the course for you.
The graduate diploma gives you a solid grounding in business statistics and economics. You’ll learn the latest theory of industrial relations (IR), business ethics and human-resource (HR) management. We focus on sought-after skills in conflict resolution and staff development, supported by critical thinking and problem solving.
During your study, you’ll gain the confidence needed to resolve workplace disagreements and oversee staff performance. If you want to further your knowledge and prepare for a higher-lever role in IR and HR, the diploma is a direct path to the Master of Business (Industrial Relations / Human Resource Management)
City Flinders Campus is a modern building in the centre of Melbourne’s busy central business district (CBD) You could be studying courses as diverse as osteopathy and business at this campus. It is opposite Melbourne’s grand Flinders Street Station, the Yarra River and the Southbank precinct. The campus is a perfect location for transport, shopping, food and cafes, or to hold a special event at our our Convention Centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Careers in the HR and IR fields are found in a range of professional settings. Some of the job titles you can aspire to – especially with more study or on-the-job training – include:
- human resource executive
- employee relations manager
- industrial relations manager
- union official or representative.
Experts in human resources and industrial relations are found in the following areas:
- local and national government.
- small or large businesses
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline.
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Certificate (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score of 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
- Course Code: 084104G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management at Victoria University
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management at Victoria University
- Graduate Certificate in Enterprise and Resource Planning Systems at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Business (Tourism and Destination Management) at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Business (Supply Chain Management) at Victoria University