Ancient Worlds (Archaeology and Classics) MSc
Our online MSc in Ancient Worlds provides you the opportunity to explore the human past, from early prehistory to late antiquity through a diverse range of courses and independent research. You will be taught online through our virtual learning environment, and will have access to extensive digital resources and support services.
The programme has been developed specifically for students who wish to further their study in Archaeology, Classics or a combination of both. It brings researchers together to exchange ideas and to offer a range of thematic, as well as regionally specific courses.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our students view a graduate degree from Edinburgh as an advanced qualification valued and respected by many employers, others are interested in pursuing long-term academic careers and therefore consider the MSc as preparation for postgraduate study at PhD level.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, a minimum US 3.25 GPA or other international equivalent, in a subject related to this programme.
It is not necessary that your first degree is in Archaeology or Classics or a related area, however, previous study in these subjects at honours or 'upper undergraduate' level is strongly advised. You may need to enrol on a feeder course if you do not have experience.
Relevant experience, or professional or other qualifications will also be considered.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Online
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Computer Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Advanced Clinical Practice MVetSci at The University of Edinburgh
- UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Biomedical Artificial Intelligence MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Theoretical Physics MSc at The University of Edinburgh