Master of Public Policy
The MPP gives you a foundation in the core principles, concepts, and methods of public policy research and analysis, and develops your skills in solving public policy problems.
You can connect theory with practice by studying the nature of policy, policy design, and the policy process, and engaging in policy analysis and development.
You’ll be able to follow your own interests through research and elective courses. You can apply to enroll in our internship course for hands-on experience in policy.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The MPP is a career-focused qualification that gives you the skills and knowledge you need for a career in public policy, local or national government, non-governmental organizations, or the private sector. It is popular with people already working in governments around the world who want to upskill and accelerate their careers and offers the flexibility to study part-time alongside your current job.
Jobs related to this program
- Division chief for policy formulation
- Executive director
- Independent policy and governance adviser
- Policy adviser
- Policy analyst
- Policy researcher
- Senior adviser - voter participation
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Social Work (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Social Work at University of Auckland
- Master of Social and Community Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Educational Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Education Practice at University of Auckland
- Master of Education at University of Auckland