Environment and Development MSc
Sustainable economic development and environmental management are two key challenges facing the Global South. As part of our Environment and Development MSc you will be provided with high-quality interdisciplinary training to help you understand the many perspectives of different actors operating in the Global South.
This Masters is led by the Sustainability Research Institute and brings together a wide range of academic expertise from the School of Earth and Environment, the School of Politics and International Studies, and from the practitioner community.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our graduates have secured positions including:
- Global Ambassador, Raleigh International
- Environmental Advisor, London Mining PLC , Sierra Leone
- Consultant, Sustainability Consultancy - Canada
- Advisor on Agricultural Pollution, Natural England
- Global Programme Manager, Renewable World
- Sustainability Consultant - BREEAM, EDCM Consulting
- Senior Research Officer, Climate Change Third World Network
- Field Environment Advisor, Tullow Oil Kenya
We encourage you to prepare for your career from day one. That’s one of the reasons Leeds graduates are so sought after by employers.
The Careers Centre and staff in your faculty provide a range of help and advice to help you plan your career and make well-informed decisions along the way, even after you graduate.
- Two-year post-study work visa to enhance UK work experience
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) or above in the social sciences such as international development, geography, politics, sociology, environmental management, sustainability, in environmental science or in a related subject.
Applicants with a 2.2 will be considered on a case by case basis where applicants can demonstrate relevant work experience or aptitude in a relevant specialist field. Graduates from other disciplines and those with professional experience in the sector will also be considered.
All applicants will need to have GCSE English Language at grade C or above, or an appropriate English language qualification.
English language requirements
- IELTS 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in any component. For other English qualifications, read
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation MRes at University of Leeds
- Biopharmaceutical Development MSc at University of Leeds
- Neuroscience MRes at University of Leeds
- Textile Sustainability and Innovation MSc at University of Leeds
- Data Analytics and Human Resource Management MSc at University of Leeds
- Cancer Biology and Therapy MSc at University of Leeds