Bachelor of Criminal Justice and Psychological Studies
Prepare for a fascinating career in the justice system or community welfare, with VU's Bachelor of Criminal Justice and Psychological Studies.
You'll gain a strong understanding of the factors that contribute to criminal behaviour. You'll also learn about the legal, political and community responses to social dislocation and disorder.
Our expert lecturers deliver a clear overview of:
- criminal justice systems
- crime investigation
- law and governance.
Your psychology studies will give you insight into the factors that underpin human behaviour and development.
You'll graduate equipped with analytical and problem-solving skills needed for roles in criminal justice, police and welfare systems.
If you choose to continue on to postgraduate studies in psychology, you’ll be able to take up professional training at VU’s Psychology Clinic, providing supervised psychology services to the community.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduate ready for a career in these rewarding areas:
- justice sector (for example, victim support officer, investigator)
- health and community services (for example, child protection worker)
- policy development and related services.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 095830J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A