Graduate Certificate in Victim Studies
The purpose of the proposed Graduate Certificate in Victims’ Studies is to provide multidisciplinary specialized knowledge of crime victim issues, crime victims’ rights, and formal responses to victims so that students may apply that knowledge within their own professional context. Completion of the certificate will provide students with the background to understand the strengths and limitations of current responses to crime victims so they can be a part of initiatives and programs to prevent crime victimization, be prepared to engage in research and evaluation focused on crime victims’ issues, and respond effectively to victims of crime in a culturally appropriate manner.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
In addition to the university's requirements for graduate admission, applicants should have the ability to pursue graduate education, as demonstrated by:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year institution.
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.8 or higher.
- Two copies of a complete and official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution attended.
- An interview may be requested by the Graduate Admissions Committee.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Graduate Certificate in Security Studies at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Forensic Criminology at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificates in Domestic Violence Prevention at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Leadership & Policy Development at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Informatics at University of Massachusetts Lowell