Master of Sport Business
Gain the professional and personal skills to succeed in the global sport business industry with a Master of Sport Business at Victoria University.
This course prepares you for the pressures and complexity of contemporary sport management. You will gain high-level skills and knowledge to implement and deliver sport programs that:
- are financially and operationally sustainable
- provide value to participants
- have socially responsible outcomes
- adhere to the values of trustworthiness, fair play, transparency, and integrity.
You will combine cutting-edge theory with intensive case analysis and best-practice strategic management. You will also have the opportunity to undertake professional-level research, study abroad (notably through our partnership with the Real Madrid Graduate School Universidad Europea) and industry experience (through the Industry Engagement unit and other projects throughout the course) to ensure you are a highly competent and confident graduate.
City Flinders Campus is a modern building in the centre of Melbourne’s busy central business district (CBD) You could be studying courses as diverse as osteopathy and business at this campus. It is opposite Melbourne’s grand Flinders Street Station, the Yarra River and the Southbank precinct. The campus is a perfect location for transport, shopping, food and cafes, or to hold a special event at our our Convention Centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
In complex organisations undergoing constant change, you will be prepared for a range of sport business management and leadership roles in:
- international agencies
- national, state and local government
- the private sector
- the non-profit sector.
Example job titles or positions include:
- chief executive officer (professional sporting clubs)
- general manager (state and national governing bodies)
- community development manager
- player welfare manager
- resource planning director
- team manager
- public relations and corporate affairs manager
- sport venue manager
- sport project manager
- sport event manager
- media manager.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Master’s (by Coursework)
- Bachelor's degree Completed with a degree classification of Second Division (55%), academic requirements may vary depending on the institution at which the qualification was obtained.
Master’s (by Research)
- Bachelor's degree Completed with an overall average of all subjects (in the final year) 70%.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
You will need to provide evidence that you have achieved one of the following levels of English language proficiency :
- IELTS (academic module): Overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL Internet: Test score of 79. Section score no less than:
> Listening: 19
> Speaking: 19
> Reading: 18
> Writing: 22
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 58-64 (with no section score less than 50)
- University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 176. No individual band less than 169.
- VU English - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 6): Achieved.
IELTS, TOEFL, PTE and CAE: These tests must be taken no more than two years prior to commencing your course.
In some cases, we will accept test results from other methods of examination not listed in this table.
- Course Code: 103438B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Enterprise Resource Planning at Victoria University
- Master of Tourism Hospitality and Events Management at Victoria University
- Master of Tourism and Destination Management at Victoria University
- Master of Supply Chain Management at Victoria University
- Master of Project Management at Victoria University
- Master of Marketing at Victoria University