Bachelor of Fine Arts - Animation & Interactive Media
Through a diligent sequence of core courses (degree pathway), students are introduced to the language of several disciplines and various fields of studies in Transmedia Arts. Whether they focus on web design, animation or interactive media, UML students will greatly benefit from this concentration, which covers a wide variety of skills including visual imagery, critical thinking, problem solving, and new technology methodologies.
Animation and Interactive Media are vibrant and rapidly evolving fields of cultural production. Both of these disciplines play key roles in art (video, installation, net art, etc.), design (user experience, interaction), entertainment (films, games), and communication and journalism (infographics and data visualization). Animation and Interactive Media are two sides of the same coin: the former focusing on time-based narratives and emotional communication and the later involving user feedback and affect. Combining the two disciplines will make each practice stronger and prepare students to become animators, game designers, communicators, and artists.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You are considered a freshman if you have not taken any post-secondary/college coursework. Your application should include your high school or secondary school records, including results from culminating or leaving examinations. Scores from the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) of the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) or the American College Test (ACT) will be required, along with an essay and a letter of recommendation. The CEEB code number for UMass Lowell is 3911. There is also a no-test option for available to freshmen applicants.
- International freshman applicants may use the no-test option and waive the SAT or ACT and TOEFL or IELTS exams if your secondary institution provides written verification that the means of instruction is in English, you are enrolled in an IB curriculum, attend an American School or are enrolled in a curriculum that leads to Cambridge International Examinations: IGCSE/O-Level and GCE/A level exam. Please note that additional essays are required of freshman applicants who choose the no-test option.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Bachelor of Music in Sound Recording Technology at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Bachelor of Arts - Peace & Conflict Studies at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Bachelor of Music in Music Studies at University of Massachusetts Lowell