Bachelor of Education (P-12)
If you want the option of teaching at primary or secondary schools, the Bachelor of Education (P12) is for you. Choose your specialisation, and get the classroom experience needed to confidently begin your teaching career.
We are one of the few universities in Australia to offer a Bachelor of Education (P-12) which allows you to teach at any school level. If you’re unsure which age group you’ll be suited to teaching, this is an excellent way to keep your options open.
You’ll learn the latest techniques to support students in their learning. You’ll also get real work experience through 80 days of supervised teaching practice in primary and secondary schools.
We offer the following specialisations:
- digital media
- disability studies in education
- English (literary studies)
- environmental studies
- food technology
- media studies
- outdoor education
- physical education (secondary)
- student welfare.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
You could be employed in a public or private primary or secondary school. Depending on your specialisation, you could find a role teaching anything from maths, science and English, to creative performance and arts, business, health, PE, psychology, or welfare studies.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English (or equivalent) other than EAL.
- Units 1 and 2: satisfactory completion in two units (any study combination) of Maths: General Mathematics, Maths: Mathematical Methods or Maths: Specialist Mathematics or Units 3 and 4: any Mathematics.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 7.0 (with no band less than 7.5 in Speaking and Listening, and 6.5 in Reading and Writing).
Successful completion of a non-academic attributes assessment, for example, the CASPer test or equivalent. CASPer is an online test designed to assess and applicant's personal and professional attributes and is a requirement for all initial teacher training courses in Victoria.
- Course Code: 071581G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A