Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Laws
The Bachelor of Psychological Science/Bachelor of Laws combines the study of human behaviour with the study of the law. This double degree is designed to produce well-rounded graduates ready for legal practice and a range of professional careers in an increasingly global environment.
As a graduate you can pursue a range of legal careers including private practice as a solicitor or barrister; legal officer in the public sector; in-house counsel for a wide range of organisations including corporations, regulatory authorities and NGOs. You will be well placed to develop specialist legal practice in a wide range of fields including forensic psychology; litigation; terrorism studies; and industrial law and management.
The program combines the study of human behaviour with the study of law. The Psychological Science component enhances the student’s specialist knowledge by providing a comprehensive understanding of psychology, including behavioural and mental processes. It offers an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) sequence in psychology.
As part of this degree you complete 80 hours of pro bono work (after your first year), providing you with firsthand experience of the legal system while allowing you to contribute to the common good.
Sydney students will be required to take Psychology units at the Strathfield campus.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Completing a Bachelor of Psychological Science/Bachelor of Laws is excellent preparation for pursuing a career in areas such as:
- Criminology researcher
- Health department researcher
- Human resources consultant
- In-house legal counsel for NGOs, community or health service organisations
- Legal Practitioner (barrister or solicitor)
- Policy writer
- Psychologist (after further studies)
- Training consultant
- private legal practice as a solicitor or barrister
- legal officer in the public sector (for example in federal or state government departments and publicly funded organisations as diverse as national regulatory bodies, universities or public broadcasters)
- in-house counsel to a wide range of organisations from corporations to trade unions
- public interest legal work in community legal centres
- legal research.
within a variety of organisations such as:
- Australian Institute of Criminology
- Department of Community Service
- Department of Health
- Department of Human Services
- Rehabilitation Centres.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
Demonstrated their English proficiency, as set out below:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Overall Score 7.0, Individual Score of 6.5 in all tests.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language – Academic (TOEFL): from an Internet–based total of 94, achieve a minimum of 24 in writing, 20 in speaking and listening, 19 in reading.
- Course Code: 089312D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)