MSc in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) for Practice
The Masters of Science in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) for Practice programme is an 18-month programme that arises from a requirement for health and social care professionals to provide effective evidenced-based interventions for a range of health and social problems.
The programme is of particular interest to those working in health-related fields including mental health nursing, social care, addiction services and voluntary organisations.
CBT is widely utilised for a range of psychological problems. Cognitive and behavioural treatments are among the most extensively evaluated of psychosocial interventions for problem alcohol and drug use. They have an impressive evidence base with many studies placing them at the very pinnacle of efficacious interventions.
Motivational interviewing (MI) grew out of the substance abuse and addiction treatment fields in the 1980s and continues to be a widely used approach in this area. In the past 25 years, Motivational Interviewing has been adapted to the medical and social service fields and has now proven to be a significant tool for facilitating positive behaviour change in people with a range of addictions and others seeking to make positive changes in their lives.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Registered nurse/midwife or professional qualification & experience in health or social care field (including psychiatrists, psychologists, psychotherapists, social workers, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech and language therapists, medical practitioners, addiction counsellors, drug and alcohol workers and other relevant professionals);
- the student should have prior education on basic knowledge of psychological processes and dynamics, basic psychosocial intervention skills; This evidence should be provided when applying in the form of a transciprt of prior learning;
- there must be a work environment that is conducive to achievement of programme learning outcomes (the student must be working a minimum of 12 hours per week in practice). There should be both an identified student leaning need and an identified service need within area of practice.
- A completed application form must be signed by the learner and endorsed by line manager.
- The student should also be assigned a mentor support person from within their multi-disciplinary team and confirmation of this provided by the line manager
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD587
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Master of Science Computing (Enterprise Software Systems) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Computing (Information Systems Processes) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Analytical Science with Quality Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Arts Applied Spirituality at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Arts Advanced Facilitation Skills for Promoting Health and Well Being at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology at Waterford Institute of Technology