B.A. (Moderatorship) Geography: Geography and Geoscience
What is Geography?
Geography is truly interdisciplinary as it spans a broad spectrum of the social, biological, informational and physical sciences. As the world becomes interconnected, geographers are well placed to bring their understanding and skills to bear on social and environmental issues.
Geography: The course for you?
Trinity is ranked in the world's top 100 universities for Geography (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019).
In recent years, third and fourth year geography students have been involved in academic staff-led fieldwork from Clare Island to Mallorca, undertaken summer research projects in Kenya and made digital video documentaries as part of their assessed work.
Do you enjoy it…
- Learning to understand the way that global environmental change will alter our future?
- Finding out about the developing world and geopolitics?
- Analysing landscapes and landscape development over time?
Geography at Trinity
Geography Matters! In contemporary society it is clear that geographical knowledge and experience are more important than ever, helping us know and understand a dynamic and rapidly changing world…
Geography at Trinity College Dublin is a place of intensive and extensive geographical scholarship in Ireland. We teach and research across the discipline from Nigeria to New Zealand, from development theory to coastal modelling, and from climate change to the social economy.
We aim to challenge students intellectually and foster and maintain world-class research and teaching in a supportive and collegial atmosphere. Geography is an integrative subject with an international outlook and openness to interdisciplinary collaboration.
Graduate skills and career opportunities
A wide range of career options is potentially available to Geography graduates. The combination of a broad-based discipline and training in highly relevant transferable skills is valued in today’s job market, where adaptability and flexibility are widely regarded as assets. Careers taken up by graduating geography students in recent years include urban and regional planning, environmental consultancy and research and teaching as well as positions in such areas as financial services (including insurance), foreign affairs, leisure and tourism and overseas development.
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: TR062
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honours Geography and Geoscience at Trinity College Dublin
- International History (M.Phil.) at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honors Geography (JH) at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honors Stage Management and Technical Theatre at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honors Sociology and Social Policy at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honors Sociology (JH) at Trinity College Dublin