Biotechnology for the Life Sciences
“Biotechnology for the Life Sciences” is a research-driven graduate program starting at the University of Rijeka in academic year 2020/2021. Conducted under the European Bologna system, Biotech4LS assumes students to already possess a high level of familiarity with biological systems from undergraduate studies, and instead aims to focus on giving students they need to pursue an active and successful career in Life Science research, whether in an academic or commercial environment. In the first year, students will receive teaching focussed on skills such as experimental design and interpretation, presentation skills, the publication process and handling of intellectual property. This will be interspersed with work in multiple laboratories, allowing practical experience in research groups working in fields including cell and molecular biology, microbiology and neuroscience. The entire second year of study is then given over to a personal research project, in which students will develop their skills within one of these laboratories under the supervision of an active researcher. Biotech4LS therefore represents an exciting prospect for dynamic young scientists looking to build themselves a career in life science research.
At the end of the program, students should:
- Have a broad understanding about approaches and tools available in the area of life sciences.
- Have strong scientific reasoning and ability to solve problems in the laboratory context.
- Have broad experience and hands-on training in laboratory skills.
- Have experience and ability at presenting scientific information in English, both in a written and oral form
- Be able to work according to scientific method.
- Be able to critically evaluate work of themselves and others.
- Be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Oct Deadline: April
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Students must have completed (or be about to complete) an undergruate degree in biology, or a relevant subdiscipline. Joint biology/chemisty degrees are also eligible.
Pre-application, to check the eligbility of student's prior education is now open. See our website biotech4lifesci.uniri.hr
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 5000 EUR
Application Fee: N/A