Bachelor of Health Science
Study health sciences with us and we'll help you develop the skills to meet the changing needs of global healthcare. AUT is New Zealand's largest and most diverse health education provider.
Our population is growing and we’re living longer, increasing the need for dedicated and inspirational healthcare graduates. AUT's health sciences degree is developed with input from district health boards and leading health organizations. You can specialize in a specific health discipline or become a health professional in a non-clinical role.
You learn from staff who are leaders in their field and have a genuine desire to see you succeed. This means you’ll be well prepared for your career in the health sector, no matter where you go.
AUT NORTH CAMPUS
Our North Campus is on Auckland’s North Shore and offers facilities including student accommodation, cafes and our biggest sports centre.
AUT SOUTH CAMPUS
Our South Campus is located in the heart of Manukau. You can choose from courses based entirely at the South Campus, or include papers at the City or the North Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- One year of successful study towards an undergraduate degree at a recognised institute.
- Higher Secondary School Exam or All-India Senior School certificate with an average of 75% in the four best subjects, with a minimum of 60% in English.
- Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum of 60% in English.
- Bachelor degree with upper second division.
- GCE A levels with a minimum of three A-level grades, with one grade being at least ‘C’ or higher. A result in General Studies cannot be included.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with successful completion of a minimum of 24 points.
- Cambridge International Examination - a minimum of 120 points on the UCAS Tariff* at A or AS level from any subjects which are broadly equivalent to the subjects in the NCEA approved subject list. Must include at least three subjects (excluding Thinking Skills) with grades D or above. Numeracy: A minimum grade of D in International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) mathematics or any mathematics subject at AS or A level. Literacy: A minimum grade of E in English Language and/or English Literature subject at AS or A level.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) with three A-levels including at least one C grade or better. A result in General Studies cannot be included among the 3 on which the application is based.
If you are applying for the Counselling major you must also:
- Be capable of meeting the Children's Act 2014 including police clearance. An interview may be required.
If you are applying for the Paramedicine major you must also:
- Be capable of meeting the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act (HPCA Act) requirements and Children's Act 2014 including police clearance.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Applicants with English as a second or another language who have not completed at least three years of secondary schooling in NZ will be required to meet IELTS requirements.
- Course Code: AK3680
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Health Science in Psychology at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Podiatry) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Sport and Recreation at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)