Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Business
What is International Business?
The term “International Business” describes doing business between countries and across borders. It involves a wide variety of activities, for example, exporting products and services, dealing with foreign suppliers, operating a factory in a foreign country, marketing a product across Europe, even managing multicultural workforces. Today, it really can be said that “All business is international business!” This is especially true of Ireland, one of the most globalised countries in the world.
What is the BA (Hons) in International Business?
An important part of success in international business is the ability to interact effectively with people from other cultures and societies. The BA (Hons) International Business is a four-year programme that prepares students to live and work in an international and multicultural environment. The course provides a broad business education as well as building the knowledge, skills and sensitivities to effectively work in our multicultural world.
The third year of the Programme involves a mandatory International Placement. Every student will spend one year on placement, living in foreign country. While abroad, the student will generally study at one of School of Business' Partner Institutes, however, the student may also complete an international work placement. The School has Partner Institutes around Europe, as well as in the USA and Canada, and even as far away as China and India. The International Placement is one of the core learning opportunities on the Programme, and for most students it is the highlight of the Programme.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD134
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Hospitality Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) Recreation & Sport Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business Recreation & Sport Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Retail Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) Business Information Systems at Waterford Institute of Technology