Postgraduate Certificate in Health Science
Develop advanced knowledge and critical analysis skills in the field of health sciences in as little as one semester with the Postgraduate Certificate in Health Science.
Health professionals from all sectors can study health sciences at an advanced level through the Postgraduate Certificate in Health Science.
The program can prepare you for further study at the postgraduate diploma or master’s level. It's a great postgraduate study option if you have been out of study for some time, or are unsure if postgraduate study is for you. You'll be surprised at the flexible learning options that AUT offers.
AUT NORTH CAMPUS
Our North Campus is on Auckland’s North Shore and offers facilities including student accommodation, cafes and our biggest sports centre.
AUT SOUTH CAMPUS
Our South Campus is located in the heart of Manukau. You can choose from courses based entirely at the South Campus, or include papers at the City or the North Campus.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
Must have completed the following or equivalent:
- Bachelor of Health Science; OR
- Graduate Diploma in Health Science; OR
Relevant professional practice or experience in a related health field equivalent to a bachelor’s degree
- Provide evidence of current professional practice. Some papers are only open to students with current professional practice registration.
- May be required to meet Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act (HPCA Act) and Children's Act 2014 requirements and other relevant legislation
- Course Code: AK3484
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Sport, Exercise and Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Psychology at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)