Graduate Diploma in Mineral Resources
Enhance your scientific and technical knowledge and accelerate your career in the dynamic minerals sector.
Whether your goal is to enhance your scientific and technical knowledge, accelerate your career, or gain entry into the dynamic minerals sector, this one year Graduate Diploma program will support your professional aspirations.
You'll learn from experts with applied research backgrounds to ensure you gain the latest scientific knowledge. Experienced industry associates will also explore with you a range of strategies for practical implementation that puts this knowledge into industry contexts.
Not only will you advance your knowledge in key specialist areas of the minerals industry, but you'll also develop analytical skills that enable you to critically assess complex industry problems, and investigate and resolve operational problems in a safe and commercially efficient manner.
On completion of these programs you may also be eligible for membership of professional bodies such as the Australian Institute of Geoscientists, Australian Society of Exploration Geophysicists, Geological Society of Australia, and the Society of Exploration Geophysicists.
- Learn from experts with applied research backgrounds.
- Choose to specialise in Exploration Geology or Exploration Geophysics.
- Develop analytical skills that enable you to critically assess complex industry problems.
- Gain practical experience while enhancing your report writing and project management skills.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Exploration geologist
- Exploration geophysicist
- Mining surveyor
- Resource development geologist
- Geotechnical geologist
- Modelling geologist
- Geotechnical engineer
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor degree in geological science, geological engineering or related field; or
Graduate Certificate in Mineral Resources.
UQ or equivalent GPA of 5 or above on a 7 point scale.
- Course Code: 029188M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Industry Practice at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Molecular Biology at The University of Queensland