Law with Criminology LLB with Year Abroad
Law and Criminology are inseparable. Each discipline informs the other - changes in law inevitably lead to criminologists adapting their understanding, and vice versa. This course is ideal if you are interested in criminal law and want to broaden your knowledge to include what goes on outside the courtroom.
You will develop skills in legal and academic reasoning and research, and an appreciation of the social and policy issues underlying the law. You will study modules from both Leicester Law School and the School of Criminology which examine the nature, extent, causes, and control of criminal behaviour in both the individual and wider society. You will also explore the factors that underscore processes of law-making, law-breaking and law enforcement.
Topics that are typically explored in criminology include:
What is the nature of criminal behaviour?
Why do individuals commit crime?
How and why do definitions of crime change over time and between societies?
How should society deal with criminal activity?
By combining the study of Law with Criminology you can complement and contextualise your Law studies for a broader and deeper understanding of your subject. This is a joint honours course, in which Law modules make up 75% of the content, with Criminology modules accounting for the other 25%.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
If you have completed the standard XII awarded by the CISCE/CBSE, or another recognised state exam board, with at least 75% overall, you may be considered for admission to a first year Bachelors degree. For many courses at the University of Leicester, you will need 80% overall or higher, along with higher individual marks of 85% in relevant subjects. If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see inidvidual course pages for entry requirements. If you have already completed the first year of an undergraduate degree at an Indian university, you may be considered for entry to the first or second year of a Bachelors degree if you have studied relevant subjects and/or modules. We also have progression arrangements with some partner institutions in India, which allow advance entry to certain University of Leicester courses. Please contact the International Office for further information. If you do not meet the entry requirements for one of our courses, you can apply for an International Foundation Year run by the Global Study Centre. The GSC provides academic support to help you progress to your chosen undergraduate degree at the University of Leicester.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Politics and Sociology BA with Year Abroad at University of Leicester
- Politics and Sociology BA at University of Leicester
- Politics and International Relations BA with Year Abroad at University of Leicester
- Politics and International Relations BA at University of Leicester
- Politics and Economics BA with Year Abroad at University of Leicester
- Politics and Economics BA at University of Leicester