Inclusive Education MSc
The MSc Inclusive Education has been designed for graduates who want to make a difference to the lives of children and young people in education. Our distinctive approach presents a re-imagined future for learners and teachers, where responding to human diversity is recognised as the point, not the problem, of education.
Enhance your opportunities for employment or advancement in the education field, particularly concerning educational and social disadvantage, additional support for learning and other specialist areas, on this programme. If you are a graduate in education, psychology and related social science backgrounds you will find that the programme builds on your previous study.
You will compare inclusive educational practices in Scotland, the UK and across the world. You will study particular approaches to removing barriers to learning and including all children.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Suiting newly qualified teachers and experienced practitioners alike, this programme provides a qualification that can open doors to a new career in inclusive and special education or an advanced role in the field.
Many graduates continue or go on to become teachers in schools and further/higher education, taking on leadership positions in education, or specialist or peripatetic teaching posts in relation to visually impaired, deaf or bilingual learners. Some work with NGOs and third sector organisations, in policy positions in education, or go on to doctoral-level research.
It can also provide the foundations for a career in policy formation and development, as well as a broad range of highly transferable skills, such as communication and project management, which can be applied to roles in any field.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a relevant discipline.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Transformative Learning and Teaching MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Work, Master of MSW at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Research MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social and Political Science MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Public Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Medical Law and Ethics LLM at The University of Edinburgh