Bachelor of Mathematics (Applied and Computational Mathematics)
Mathematics is one of the oldest pure sciences and is the technical language of science, engineering, and business. With qualifications in mathematics, employers recognize that you are equipped with the specialist analytical skills for today’s complex world.
QUT’s Mathematical Sciences School is a leader in delivering world-class teaching and research outcomes, offering you advanced, relevant, and modern courses designed for the real world, underpinned by our award-winning research.
Our undergraduate course combines the underlying theory with modeling, computational skills, and the latest computer technology to enable you to solve real-world problems and prepare you for your future career. Skill development in communication, problem-solving, critical thinking, and teamwork form an integral part of our courses.
Customize your degree
Foster your passion and shape your career through complementary study areas. As well as choosing a major area of study, your course includes a second study area, which can be either a second major or double minor.
A second major can complement your major area of study, giving you the opportunity to develop a significant depth of knowledge and skills in two discipline areas.
- Mathematics Second Major
?Data Science provides the necessary skills to be a data scientist including statistical methods and data visualization, computational tools for and data management techniques for large datasets, and high-performance computing resources and techniques. This unique skill-set in statistics and computing will allow you to cope with sophisticated models applied to complex and/or large datasets.
Gardens Point campus is located in Brisbane's city centre, beside the Brisbane River and adjacent to the City Botanic Gardens and Queensland Parliament House. At the centre of the campus is the Old Government House which was built in 1862 and re-opened in 2009.The faculties of Business, Law, and Science and Engineering are based at this campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Careers and outcomes
As a graduate of the Bachelor of Mathematics (Applied and Computational Mathematics) you will find employment opportunities across a wide range of areas, such as finance, investment, information technology, environmental management, health, marketing, logistics, defense, media, education, and research. In addition to your knowledge and abilities in mathematics, you will also be highly valued for your analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Financial Advisor/Analyst
- ICT administrator
- Operations Manager
- Research officer
- Systems Analyst
- Students who graduate with a Bachelors's degree are eligible for a 2-year work visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Senior/Higher Secondary School Certificate/Pre-University certificate from QUT recognized state education boards with an overall average of 75% in best five academic subjects (2 languages and 3 academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- Indian School Certificate academic stream awarded by CISCE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- All India Senior School Certificate academic stream awarded by CBSE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C)
You must have achieved this study at a level comparable to Australian Year 12 or in recognized post-secondary studies.
- Course Code: 049433D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Mathematics at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Social Work at Queensland University of Technology