MA (Arts and Cultural Entrepreneurship)
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Master of Arts in Arts and Cultural Entrepreneurship, hereafter referred to as the MA (Arts and Cultural Entrepreneurship), is offered by the Department of Communications and New Media in the NUS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS).
The MA (Arts and Cultural Entrepreneurship) is the first programme of its kind to be developed and launched in the region. It is a truly interdisciplinary programme, integrating the subjects of arts and culture with entrepreneurship and management, as well as the emerging technologies and digital expertise of the fourth industrial revolution (Industry 4.0).
Focusing on creativity and creative entrepreneurship, the programme is designed to cater to the needs of creative professionals and to meet the strong demands of Singapore’s and Asia’s fast-evolving Cultural and Creative Industry (CCI) sector.
The programme also examines the uses of creativity as a progressive force for culture, economy and society. Students will learn from industry practitioners and professional educators about entrepreneurial creativity, and how it shapes new enterprises and leads entrepreneurial growth.
Students will acquire professional expertise and knowledge to succeed in the arts, cultural and creative sectors, and become highly skilled, ethical and reflective practitioners who can make an impact in the sectors they choose to be involved with. They will be exposed to core strategic skills in the administration, management and leadership of arts and cultural organisations, resources and infrastructures, from managing festivals, events and museums, to working in community development, heritage tourism, education and government.
Why This Programme?
- Gain exposure to the rich cultural resources at NUS and be immersed directly in the industry through internships and experiential learning, made possible by partnerships with the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth’s Culture Academy Singapore and the NUS Centre for the Arts, as well as collaborations with the University’s existing arts infrastructure such as the NUS Museum, NUS Baba House, and its University Cultural Centre.
- Make the most of the world-class expertise offered by FASS faculty members, network with leaders in the arts and creative sectors, and be equipped with skills through application-led theory and practice for career progression through an optional internship.
- Be assured with a programme that has received positive feedback and support from key figures and stakeholders in the CCI sector across the region.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
International students are allowed to work not more than 16 hours per week.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably with Honours) in a related field or equivalent
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score of 100 (Internet-based) with minimum score of 22 for the writing section, or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum Academic score of 7.0.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10400 SGD
Application Fee: 100 SGD